Edward Barry McDougall Memorial Scholarship for Graduate Studies in LawUniversity of Ottawa, Faculty of Law
This scholarship was established in memory of Barry McDougall, B.A., LL.B., by his family to enable one Polish law graduate per year to travel to Canada to earn a Master of Laws degree (LL.M.) in Common and Civil Law at the University of Ottawa.
An expert in energy law, Barry McDougall dedicated a great deal of his professional and personal life toward making Canadian law accessible to people in Eastern and Central Europe.
Number of annual awards
One (commencing in September)
Value of award
Level of scholarship
- travel costs;
- full tuition;
- health insurance;
- accommodations and meals;
- miscellaneous expenses.
Graduate Level (LL.M. degree in Common and Civil Law)
- hold a Magister in Law, with a minimum average of "B" (70%) or its equivalent;
- be fluent in either French or English.
Each scholarship candidate must submit the following documentation for consideration to the applicant's university in Poland:
- a completed scholarship application form;
- official transcripts covering all previous university studies with English or French translation;
- a curriculum vitae;
- two (2) typed letters of support form academic sources;
- a personal statement of why you are applying;
- a description of your proposed research topic;
- proof of proficiency in English (TOEFL).